As you consider all of the pros and cons to unification, please remember that a no vote doesn’t mean we will be allowed to keep our schools as they are now. It doesn’t mean we return to square one and remain.
Act 46 requires unification. If we do not unify our schools using our own plan and our own leadership, then the state will step in and do the unification for us.
So, the choice is really between deciding for ourselves, or allowing the state to decide for us. It is an issue of trust. Do we trust our local school boards, and the study committee they put together to review and to judge what our best options are, or do we prefer to place our trust in the Montpelier bureaucrats who will come in later and decide for themselves what is best for us?